Every moment we are together – from the street outside, to class, to back outside again – we have the opportunity to respect and appreciate one another. Here are some wise and gracious yogi etiquette guidelines…
- Please sign-in before every class and print LEGIBLY.
- Signing-in for every class is essential for payment purposes and so that we can compensate our teachers according to class attendance.
Respect for the Studios:
- Turn off all cell phones.
- Remove shoes before entering the practice space.
- Roll mats out quietly.
- Please arrive at least 5 minutes before class begins.
- If you are taking class from a teacher who is new to you, arrive early to inform them of any injuries or conditions.
- When you’re waiting outside, please be quiet as there may be a class in progress.
- If you are late for unavoidable reasons, enter quietly and wait in back until after opening meditation – this is NOT the time to find your spot – then please join the class. If the class is full, be prepared to move your mat and allow the teacher to make a space for latecomers.
- Please observe basic hygiene when attending yoga class.
- Refrain from perfumes and oils as many people are allergic.
- Consider bringing your own yoga mat; it is more hygienic.
- Spray and wipe studio mats with provided spray and towels after use.
- Stack props neatly. Place cotton blankets with fringes facing back.
- Reduce skin-to-skin contact with our props by wearing a shirt. This also makes it easier for teachers to make adjustments.
- If you tend to sweat, bring a towel to class.
- Please do not use our blankets to wipe sweat from the floor or your body.